Sunday, August 13, 2006

Trading Spaces...

Lately it seems like I've been wishing to trade rolls with pretty much anyone. Sometimes life isn't as bad as we make it out to be.

Earlier today, we got the call saying that we needed to get to the hospital as soon as we could because they weren't sure how much longer my dad was going to make it. I was terrified that my brothers and I weren't going to make it in time. I was scared that Corey, my youngest brother wasn't going to get to see him.

I was told by a pastor at the hospital today that I needed to tell my dad how much I love him and that I'm proud of him. I just pray that he really does know how much I love him and how glad I am to have him as a father. I've never had a bad relationship with him. They say that your human father often has a reflection of how you view your heavenly father. I praise the Lord that I had a good influence. Someone who was able to raise me in a positive light. Someone who could discipline out of love. Someone who always told me how proud he was of me. Someone who always told me and showed me that he loved me. I feel thankful because it's more than a lot of people get.

No comments: