Monday, August 28, 2006

Getting back on my feet

The last couple weeks have been pretty weird...and I haven't really felt like blogging. I don't really know what to write. So I thought I'd type out a prayer I journaled in the middle of the night after I found out my dad passed away.

August 16 3:30am
Lord, I'm terrified. I know that me, Nate, and Corey will be okay. I just need you to hold our hands through this. Please remind each of us how much you love us during this time. I know that Dad is proud of each one of us and I pray that we remember just how much he loved us. These next few days will not be easy. I just ask that you help us through them. Let each of us know that together we will get through it...
Remind me to laugh at the little things. Allow me to appreciate and savor the good times. Most of all, thank you for blessing me with an amazing father for 25 years. Someone who raised me in a Christian home and so many times taught me what it meant to live by faith. Not that he was perfect, but in my eyes, he was always pretty close...

And here's an excerpt from another entry on the day of the funeral.

August 18
Today was hard. I don't think you can ever fully prepare yourself to lose someone. I am so grateful that I am so loved. I'm glad that my brothers have friends that they can count on. I pray that we always remember that we have each other, and that we will be there for each other, no matter what happens.

There are some stories that I'd like to write about before I forget all the details, but I'm not up for it right now.

No comments: