today has already been such a great day. i slept in later than i should have...drank a big cup of coffee and sat on the front porch. it's been unusually hot here, especially for it being october. it was even pushing 90 degrees last week. but then friday, the october chill rolled into town. i usually refer to it as "football weather." i hate being cold, but it's fun when it gets a little chill in the air at night and you have to wear a sweatshirt.
so sitting on the porch in the cool morning with my favorite red western hoodie just thinking about stuff was amazing. when we got this house 3 years ago one of the things i fell in love with was the porch. it's not really that great, but it's a pretty decent size and there's 2 glider-rockers and a glider bench. so it's great to just sit there with a cup of coffee. i sat there thinking about all kinds of things, watching cars drive by, remembering conversations that have been had there, thinking about what's to soon become my reality. it was great. i still have a lot to do today that doesn't require me pondering my future...so i'll leave you with what today holds.
so now i present...monday movie trivia.
you know the rules...and if you don't check 'em out!
1000pts for each correct answer.
1. "let's make like a bread truck and haul buns ladies."
a league of their own (philip)
2. "he'd make a very handsome throw rug. and just think, whenever he gets dirty you can take him out and beat him."
the lion king (chris)
3. "you can't unscramble scrambled eggs."
meet joe black (robyn)
4. "i take the good with the bad; i can't love people in slices."
first knight (philip)
5. "i don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental- like on a breeze, but i think maybe it's both."
forrest gump (robyn)
6. " just say the word and i'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. hey. that's a pretty good idea"
it's a wonderful life (robyn)
7. "you seem jumpy _____, did you switch from mocha to crack?"
in good company (philip)
8. "sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and i want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. you remember that, boy. you remember that. doesn't matter if it's true or not. you see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."
secondhand lions (philip)
9. "i'm allergic to chocolate."
when a man loves a woman (cynthia)
10. "as we grow older, it becomes difficult to just believe. it's not that we don't want to, but too much has happened and we can't. "
now and then (philip)
11. "oh, i'm dead. i'm so dead they're gonna have to bury me twice."
license to drive (chris)
12. " that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy, like that."
better off dead (robyn)
13. "if you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a game show host."
14. "haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?"
15. "hasta lasagna, don't get any on ya."
mission impossible (philip)