Monday, November 08, 2010

Craft Fair

This weekend, I participated in my very first craft fair! It’s something I’ve wanted to do for the last few years. So when the opportunity presented itself, I finally took the plunge. The craft fair was actually the catalyst for me going to Africa. It all worked out perfectly. I saw my friend had posted that she was looking for vendors for an upcoming craft fair to raise money for their Africa trip. When I told her I was interested in selling my ribbon trees, she asked me to go to Africa.

Since the fundraiser was to support the Nairobi trip. So it served as a great place for me to try my hand at selling my crafts, as well as raise money for my trip. The event was pulled off without a hitch. All of the vendors and volunteers were amazing. I’m hoping it’s something we can do (and I can participate in) annually.

I sold my ribbon trees and wreaths. And they sold very well! If you’d like one, or know of anyone who would love to get one for Christmas, let me know. I have trees in 12” and 8” off all different colors and lots of wreaths left.  See some photos below!

I’ve also been throwing around the idea of opening and etsy shop. We’ll see what happens!

No comments: