Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Tumblr_lb040hymmy1qddocjo1_500_large

Fall is here, but probably not for long.  It seems that we really only get a couple of good weeks of true autumn goodness around here.  The cool days with the warm sun shining down.  The chilly nights where all you need is a hoodie, or a light jacket to stay warm.  It reminds me football, Thanksgiving, and great food. 

I love watching the leaves change color and slowly make their way to the ground.  Out my new office window, I've been able to slowly watch the trees change from green to red and yellow and orange.  It won't be long before their branches are bare and the cold comes to stay for a bit.  So I'm going to go grab a cup of apple cider and enjoy it while I can.   I'll leave you with this poem by Robert Frost, which also makes an appearance in one amazing movie - The Outsiders! Stay Gold, Ponyboy! (Cue the Stevie Wonder music)

Nothing Gold Can Stay
by: Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower.
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Tumblr_la2fz8bb8t1qzl7pko1_500_large

No comments: