Sunday, September 20, 2009

YAY for the Yaris!


So, I've been thinking a lot about getting a new car over the last few months. I absolutely loved having an SUV, but it's not really all that necessary for my life. Only having two doors isn't the most convenient for adults trying to climb in the backseat. The gas mileage is eating away my bank account. Champ was getting old, having lots of issues that needed to be fixed that were going to cost a lot of money. She had 157,000 miles...and she's a FORD! That's a CHAMP! I really wasn't looking forward to a car payment, but once I started researching, I realized that I could be saving over $100 a month just on gas alone.

I'd been trying to decide exactly what I wanted. At first, I wasn't totally convinced that the Toyota Yaris was for me, but I quickly fell in love with it. It was cute and little and the gas mileage alone was enough to convince me if was a good idea...I mean 30-35 mpg is over twice what I'm getting now!

Saturday, I was in Kentucky visiting the family. My stepdad wanted to go look for cars. I wasn't planning on doing anything for at least another month or so, but everything just seemed to work out perfectly. I was pre-approved for a loan, I found the car I liked, we made an offer, they accepted!
This will be my fourth vehicle, but it's definitely the newest! It's a 2008...only a year old. I'm super excited!
I will try to post more pics soon...if it ever stops raining!


No comments: