Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Things That Happen to Me...

Wednesday night, something horrible happened. It truly was a nightmare. I went to the gym, even though I still wasn't feeling great. I went and hopped on the treadmill with my iphone and towel, just like I've been doing for three nights a week. After about 15 mins, my heart rate was way out of control because of the meds the doc put me on. So I decided I wasn't quite ready to be back at the gym, so I went back to the locker room. I laid my phone on the toilet paper holder while I was going to blow my nose. And my iphone fell off and INTO the toilet. I don't think I've moved that quick in a really long time. But in about .2 seconds I had grabbed it out, completely wrapped it in toilet paper, and removed every water droplet from it. I tried to hold back my tears as I left the gym.

I'd heard of people "saving" their phones by putting them in a ziplock bag of rice, or ziplock back of damp rid or silicon packets. So I immediately stuck it in a full bag of rice. It kept turning itself off and on and it was making me incredibly nervous. I googled and read about a million articles and blogs about people who'd dropped their phones in water puddles, or the lake, or the swimming pool, and it ended up working out in their favor. So there was some hope in my heart that everything would be okay.


24 hours without the phone. HARD. I'm trying to decide how long to wait. Everything I've read says 24-48 hrs or longer. How are you supposed to know?

No comments: