Monday, June 01, 2009

June 1 is behind me!

It’s a day I never thought would come fast enough, but in reality, it came too quickly. It was a MAJOR deadline in my world, as it was our submission date for an accreditation for my company. I felt like over the past couple months, I’d been gathering all the information and working hard to ensure everything was getting done. But as June 1 began getting closer and closer, I began working harder and feeling we were miles away from where we should be. It has been a very busy, very tiring, very frustrating last couple months. I stayed at work really late and worked several weekends. This past weekend, I worked late on Friday, worked about 7 hours on Saturday, and worked 13 hours on Sunday. Oh, I forgot to mention that I missed the very first amazing pool weather weekend and was cooped up inside. While working 50 hours a week plus weekends is definitely not fun, it’s something that had to be done. I feel like the last two or three weeks, I’ve been in complete survival mode. I knew that everything had to get done and there was no other choice (unless I wanted to start looking for a new job). I feel like I’ve been living in a complete whirlwind. I’ve been forgetting things (I remembered this morning that I’m going to see Coldplay on Saturday!), neglecting my condo, and neglecting my fridge (I swear it’s been over a month since I’ve been to the grocery). But there are plans to change that tonight! And on top of that, I was having really crazy dreams and not sleeping well.

But, now that it’s behind me, I can get motivated again. I can relax, hang out, enjoy the weather, fit my workout plans back into my schedule without feeling so rushed, and stop eating crap three meals a day.

I’m excited about summer. It’s my favorite time of year! I definitely think it’s safe to say that my world is a little brighter today! And my goodness, it’s about time!!

Bring on the vacation!

No comments: