Friday, August 01, 2008

This is my life...

This morning, I stopped at Starbucks on my way to take my car in. I had a few extra minutes because my ride was running late, so I decided I had enough time to drive through Starbucks really quick. I took my car to the auto repair shop and checked in and everything. My ride still wasn't there yet, so I took up residence in a pretty amazing rocking chair out front. It was kind of like Cracker Barrell. I was sitting there, enjoying the humidity, sipping on my caramel macchiato. I have no idea what happened, but all of a sudded, I spilled hot coffee all over my lap. It wasn't a ton, but enough to realize that it was definitely hot! I looked around to make sure no one saw me. I think I was safe. Until I stood up. It seriously looked like I peed in my pants. So of course, I had to come to work like that. I walked in my office, grabbed my trusty Tide to go pen from my top drawer and my planner to strategically place in front of me on the way to the ladies room. I went to work with water and the Tide pen and paper towels. I came out feeling like I did more damage than good. I had definitely made it worse, but I was hoping it would dry without a stain. So now, even 5 hours later, I smell like coffee and nasty Tide to go. What's a girl to do?

1 comment:

robyn said...

i'm sorry, friend... the new format looks good... and i'm glad you got the link to work!