Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flexibility will be key!

7.15.08

How quickly we are welcomed into the Dominican lifestyle. It's only been a few hours since we arrived in Santiago and already we are discovering how much we take for granted. Within our first six hours here, we are already without water. Simple tasks like brushing your teeth, washing your hands, washing your face, and taking out contacts all require a little extra time and thought.

We went out to eat empanadas tonight. On the way back to the dorm, some people who have been here before were talking about one trip where there was no water for three days and electricity would be turned off at night. While I am trying to prepare myself for that, I am hoping it's not something we will deal with this trip. I'll be honest. If I have to go for three days without showering, I'm going to be pretty foul.

Tonight, I pray for flexibility!

No comments: