Monday, October 15, 2007

My longest relationship yet...

Today, I celebrate my 2 year anniversary with Nashville. It's hard to believe that it was two years ago that I had my Explorer and U-Haul crammed with all of my belongings and pulled into my new apt ready to start a new life. It's been one amazing ride, that's for sure! I remember my first couple months here, I was eating peanut butter sandwiches every day. I didn't care, because I was here…and I was following the dream. I didn't have a plan once I got here…I was just going to find a job and make it work. And that's what I did! It was one month after I moved, that I started my job at GHS. I'm constantly asked "What brought you to Nashville?" I honestly don't know. I've just always loved it. There's something about big cities – the lights, the night life, the atmosphere, the big buildings. But Nashville has never felt too big…it's the best of both worlds. It's still grounded in it's southern roots. It's still got that southern feel that just feels like home. And I LOVE it! I've been in my new home for two weeks now. It's amazing!! Every day it feels more and more like home. Thanks for everyone who has supported me…told me that everything would be okay…helped me hold my head a little higher when things got rough. I'm thinking that this relationship will continue…

No comments: