in honor of turkey day, we're playing the thanksgiving day version of movie trivia. name the movie each quote came from for 1000pts each.
1. "who am i? you sure you want to know? the story of my life is not for the faint of heart. if somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you i was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied."
2. "dear lord, thank you for this thanksgiving holiday. and for all the material possessions we have and enjoy. and for letting us white people kill all the indians and steal their tribal lands. and stuff ourselves like pigs, even though children in asia are being napalmed."
the ice storm (chris)
3. "nobody means what they say on thanksgiving, mom. you know that. that's what the day's supposed to be all about, right? torture."
home for the holidays (philip)
4. "once, there was this day... this one day when... everyone realized they needed each other."
pieces of april (robyn)
5. "the last thing i want to be remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth... you know, nothing grinds my gears worse than some chowderhead that doesn't know when to keep his big trap shut... if you catch me running off with my mouth, just give me a poke on the chubbs."
planes, trains, and automobiles (chris)
6. "oh, uh, charlie, about your little problem...there are two kinds of people in this world: those who stand up and face the music, and those who run for cover. cover is better."
scent of a woman (chris)
7. "you're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!"
8. "where are you from?"
"fresh off the farm, oh my god, i can't believe it. hallelujah. so you're inbred?"
"you know, where your mom's your dad, and your dad's your brother."
9. "i told your mother i'd take you home for the holidays.
"i have plans."
"you gonna stay here? watch the football game on tv? make a turkey sandwich and hang yourself in the toilet?"
10. "what's the matter, big brother? "
"nothing. i was just checking the mailbox.
"what did you expect, a turkey card?"
a charlie brown thanksgiving (cynthia)
***each quote is not directly related to thanksgiving, but all are from a movie where there is a thanksgiving scene. ***