Sunday, April 03, 2005

what happened to the weekend?

this weekend didn't really feel like a weekend at all. i worked my first "regular" shift at work yesterday. i have to admit that working on a saturday might not be that fun at all...but i guess it beats the alternative of working on sunday. so from now on i'll be working mon, tues, fri, sat from 8:45-5:30. fun, huh? yeah, not so much.

the job seems to be going okay so far. i was evaluated yesterday and i did really well. it's funny how it made me feel pretty good, even though it wasn't much of a big deal. the time seems to pass by pretty quickly while i'm at work, so that's been a really good thing. i'm hoping that it will continue to go just as fast in a few weeks.

then today, i spent the day cleaning up my room, doing laundry, and watching part of season 9 of friends. not really so much fun at all, but it needed to be done (well...maybe not the part about watching friends, but the rest of the stuff).

so now that it's late sunday night, it doesn't feel like the weekend should be over yet. i feel like i need another day. plus, losing an hour this weekend doesn't really help anything. i do really like spring forward though. i like it when it doesn't get dark til almost 9:00pm. i like it when it's pretty outside all day long and then the chill comes once the sun starts to go down. it just makes so much more sense when it doesn't get dark at 6. the days seem longer...like you can get more accomplished. of course on those bad days, it might not be such a great thing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you for not getting outside in the night weather yesterday!

I love Day Light Savings time also. It is even better living in EST instead of CST. When I lived in Somerset, it would be after 9pm before the sun would finally go down. 8pm here in Bowling Green still isnt't bad. Of course I never get to bed as early, I am not used to it being light outside so late, I don't realize how late it is.

emily said...

i liked daylights savings time except for the losing the sleep thing, and it already being 630 and it feels like its' 2pm. but I have to disagree with the eastern time thing jeff. my hometown switched from central to eastern I guess my freshman/soph year at wku, and I don't like being on eastern time. it seems things go faster in easter time....

emily said...

eastern time not Easter time