Monday, September 20, 2004

rockin' the suburbs

so here i am, sitting on my front porch swing, ibook in lap...listening to ben folds' rockin' the suburbs. ahh...the greatness. it's such a beautiful day! the kind where i wish i was a little kid again. it makes me want to take off my flip flops and run out into the green grass and return to my childhood, while i run around blowing bubbles, or playing kick the can, or even laying out with my mom in the back yard sucking on kool aid ice cubes. oh, the days of childhood. that woulld definitely rock this suburb.
as i sit here and dream about playing in the grass and stuff, i can hear the faint sounds of the ehs marching band. talk about memories. those were the days. sometimes i wish i was back living in the past. but then i realize i have this beautiful day ahead of me...and i think. what can i do now? i guess i'll be taking off my flip flops and going for a short walk through the front yard...even if it's just across the street to the mail box.

No comments: