Monday, August 23, 2004

still waiting

so last night i was listening to an old song off of a cd that crystal made me while i was at camp in mobile. there's this song on it by ginny owens that i remembered speaking to me a lot around the time i got back from camp which was a very low period for me. so i took the cd out, found the song and listened to it. and it touched my heart and spoke to me in the exact same way i remembered.

How many days, Lord, have I walked in this wilderness?
A thirsty pilgrim with no water to drink.
And this barren place is making me crazy,
But as I wander on, I am forced to think.
Seems like I have spent so much time searchin'
In a dry and weary land where there's no Truth.
But I think I'm finally realizin',
That my only hope of water is the well that comes from You, So-
Chorus:
Rain down Your love upon me
Pour out Your mercy on me
Please won't You take me to Your springs of life
'Cause I'm dying for deliverance, only You can save me,
I'm waitin', won't You take me,
To Your springs of life.
Oh God, You are my God,
And my spirit seeks You,
But my flesh has failed You time and time again.
And now I've chosen this desert when Your love was waitin',
But Your stubborn child longs to understand-
So I'll not waste another minute searchin'
In a dry and weary land where there's not truth,
Oh, I think I'm finally realizin'
That my only hope of water is the well that comes from You.
-Ginny Owens/ Springs of Life

what an amazing song that fits so perfectly with the way that i feel at this exact point in my life. i try so hard to just wait and be patient. but there are so many times where i just cry out to God, "how much longer do i have to wait? how many days have i been waiting?" i'm at this dry place in my life and i want so badly to be resting at the side of the well.

No comments: