Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Update on Monica's Family

When I was in Africa in July, I met a lady named Monica.  She holds a special place in my heart for several reasons.  First of all, because it was the very first house I was welcomed into in Africa.  Second, because her story struck straight to my core and broke my heart.  She is HIV positive, and she’s raising her six children alone. 

All of Monica’s children have been sponsored through Jacaranda Kids except for Anthony, who goes to school outside of the slums and was already sponsored when I met her.  That means every single one of those sweet children is in school and getting an education.  It’s so amazing that in just a short amount of time, all God has been able to do. 

Brenda met Anthony  who was home from school when she went to visit.  She said that his wheelchair is too small for him and it’s causing sores under his arms and on his hips.  She said that he looked so sad and disheartened.  Please pray for Anthony. 

No comments: