Monday, May 09, 2011

Unfinished

Right now, the only word I can think of to describe what I'm feeling is "unfinished."

From the pile of dirty laundry separated into respective piles in my un-vaccuumed bedroom floor, to the 10 item checklist with only two crossed off, to the half read book sitting on the coffee table, to the 12 half-written blog posts that haven't been published.  It's easy to look around and see all of the unfinished things that need to be done...completed...wrapped up with a pretty bow.  

It's very uncharacteristic that I would leave so many things incomplete (except for the dirty laundry part).  I like to finish things.  I love having the sense of accomplishment and being able to check one more thing off my Post-It note.  It makes me feel like I'm in control.  

And I guess that's my point.  Right now, I'm totally NOT in control.  

With 25 days left until I get on a plane and head to Africa (and with the impending doom of my 30th birthday lurking around the corner), it's more glaringly obvious than it's been in a very long time that I am indeed, unfinished.  My life is unfinished.  There are so many things I have left to do.  Things to complete.  Things to finish. 

Where to even begin is completely overwhelming.  Tonight, I'll just worry about publishing some of those half written blog posts.  

No comments: