Thursday, January 07, 2010

I Survived the Snowpocalypse!

The craziest thing happened today! A blizzard!
Okay, not really at all. But...that's what everyone was expecting. Or that's what it seems like everyone was expecting.

Well, maybe not everyone.

It is Nashville afterall.

I was laying in bed this morning. The alarm had just gone off and I hit snooze as usual. Then, my cell phone, which was laying in the bed beside me started ringing. It was the automated phone call to say that the office was closed due to inclement weather. I ran to the window and looked out and there was nothing on the ground.

Did I hear the message right?

I logged on and checked my email. There was an email stating that the office was closed. I didn't understand. I was so confused. And at 6am, not a whole lot makes sense, so I went back to bed, expecting the snow to fall anyway. I woke up at 9 and checked the window again. No snow. At this point, I was really confused about what inclement weather we were having.

Around noon, as I was heading out to meet some friends for lunch, I took this picture.



It's what I like to call the Snowpocalypse! I mean, look at all that SNOW!! I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the hype Nashville makes about snow and ice. It definitely wasn't a big deal where I grew up!

No comments: