Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History As We Know It

I totally got the warm fuzzies today! I am actually excited about the hope that our new president brings. I know there are many out there who are not excited, but I definitely am. I will remember today as a day I watched history unfold itself before my eyes. There were points where I was just like, “Wow! This is exciting!” There were also points where I was like, “Wow…Aretha, what is on your head?”

But during times when our country is in such a crisis, it is nice to see hope and dreams come alive.

Some things I thought were interesting (beside that hat!)

The transfer of power from Bush to Obama officially happened even before he took the oath.

The mishap with the 35 word oath. Whoops to both of you, Barack Obama and John Roberts!

They were moving stuff out of the White House and painting as the inauguration was going on.

Those precious girls are absolutely beautiful!

Rick Warren’s prayer was looooong and somewhat exhausting.

Some of those ex-presidents look old! I was impressed how not old Jimmy Carter looked though.


I thought it was pretty awesome that Barack, Michelle, Jill, and Joe walked George and Laura to the helicoptor pad. I mean, it just came across as incredibly respectful.

A friend posted about this kid who is Obama’s speechwriter. Check This guy out. Wow! Thanks, Jon…you make me feel incredibly insignificant. Are you single?!

Okay, that’s enough rambling for now.

No comments: