Sunday, June 18, 2006

1200 miles in 4 days

First of all, I'd like to say thanks for all my birthday messages! It was so fun to hear from everyone! It made my day to check my email and myspace accounts and have tons of new stuff. If you haven't noticed...I love comments!

I spent most of my birthday on the road to South Carolina. It's actually still a lot for me to process, but I'm going to try to highlight a few parts of my trip.

It started off well. I downloaded new music and new podcasts onto the ipod before my big adventure. It was a fairly enjoyable roadtrip. Nothing really major to report. It was just nice to be on the open road. Away from work...away from problems and worries...to just be temporarily disconnected from life.

I got to see old friends. It was very refreshing and very much needed right now. I got to sit through some really fun elements of camp. It really made me miss having a free summer to give up to work camp...but it was also great to be on the outside and just kind of enjoy it and soak it up. I got to listen some great words of wisdom. And it made me realize some stuff about my own life. Have you ever heard something so many times...it's something you know, but one day, it just clicks.

My heart was sad because I realized that I'm not happy in my current situation. I wish things were different, but they're not. I was hoping by now things would change, but they haven't and it makes it really hard. I was talking with my roommate last night and she was talking about someone in her life being faced with a huge disappointment recently and apparently they're having a really hard time overcoming it. I made a comment and as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I realized it was somewhat like preaching to myself. I said sometimes in our lives, we have to be faced with something difficult...a major cross road so that we see that one thing that has been there the whole time, but we've been overlooking. At that point we are able to see it and realize exactly what needs to happen. I know its vague, and it might not make a lot of sense, but it made a big light go off in my mind. I heard some great words of encouragement this weekend. Some from dear friends, some from strangers offering insight...all of it was very valued. It was encouraging to just take a couple days to get away from everything.

On a different note, my dad has been in the hospital for over two weeks now. I actually cut my SC visit a couple days short to go visit him. He's not making a lot of progress and the doctors really aren't sure what's causing the problems. He's having lots of tests run, but there's no new news at the moment.

So I ask that those of you who know me, please continue to pray for me...pray for my dad and his health. Your prayers and support mean a whole lot to me right now. I'm going to keep trudging along the path and hopefully sometime soon, well see where God wants me.

No comments: