Wednesday, August 17, 2005

sometimes, reality does bite

Lelaina Pierce: I was really going to be somebody by the time I was 23.
Troy Dyer: Honey, all you have to be by the time you're 23, is yourself.
Lelaina Pierce: I don't know who that is anymore.
Troy Dyer: I do. And we all love her. I love her. She breaks my heart again and again. But I love her.

i was watching reality bites last night. it was really a movie that depicted and defined a generation. but that generation has moved on...they've grown up. and now, here is another generation that seems to be in the midst of the same types of problems. how true parts of that movie are to my own life. i thought by this point in my life i'd be somewhere by now...i sure didn't imagine this. i thought there was something great, just waiting to happen the second i graduated college...then...reality hit. reality bites.

No comments: