Sunday, June 19, 2005

i had one awesome birthday

first of all, let me just say that i had a great week. i celebrated my birthday on wednesday. it's kind of weird to think that i'm 24. i definitely don't feel that old. i always thought by that age, i'd have a handle on things and know my life plan. there's still do many things that i have no idea and no direction about. in some ways it's really scary and almost terrifying, but in some ways it's almost peaceful and refreshing. i have no idea where God wants me. i know that in some form or another i'm called to use my gifts to do ministry in some capacity, but there's so many forms that could take. my prayer right now is that i just live each day abundantly...that i am pouring all i have into these students that come to camp...that i'm being intentional with the rest of the staff...that i'm building up and not tearing down...and that i'm challenging myself to be more of a servant, even in the difficult times when i don't necessarily want to.

i think for the most part, that's what this week has taught me. i watched my group work together as part of the body of Christ this week. they were excited to be here. they were willing to serve by doing the little things, and at the same time they were continuing to encourage and lift each other up. it was just neat to watch my students step up and take charge and come together as a team.

my birthday was amazing. seriously, it was the best day i've had since i've been here. thank you to all who called to wish me a great day. thanks for the cards and the packages with all kinds of goodies. it makes my heart so happy to know that you guys are thinking about me and praying for me. i love you all and appreciate your friendship, even in the absense.

No comments: