Friday, September 10, 2004

productivity level - high!

today ranks high on the productivity level. i've been complaining about being in the house and doing nothing, so today, i decided to change that.
i didn't sleep well last night and my neck and shoulders were hurting so bad that i was almost in tears. i didn't think i was going to be able to get out of bed, but to my amazement, i was up at 9am. so i was able to get in the chiropracter at 10:45. he "fixed" me or whatever. it felt so much better. then i went with my mom to run some errands. i was driving, which meant i was in control, so i stopped at this vehicle liquidation sale in some random parking lot. i saw a silver escape which definitely peaked my interest. i've been looking at cars for a few months now...dreaming i guess. but i've decided i'm either going to get a jeep grand cherokee, or a ford eclipse. i just can't decide between the two. so this guy comes over and gives his hoorah about this huge sale "blah blah blah..." and he says that he can check my credit and see what payments would look like and all that jazz. well...i took it for a short test drive. i really liked it a lot, but i think it confirmed the fact that my first love is for the jeep. anyway...he was going to cut me an awesome deal on it where i would save close to $10,000, but without a job it's hard to make any kind of decision like that. if i had a job, i so would've done it. i guess now the game plan is to find a job, save up, and eventually buy myself a jeep. ugh. my car is going to fall apart before that ever happens.
i went with brooke to take her mom to the airport. i decided tonight that she doesn't know how to drive in a big city. she scared the crap out of me on numerous occasions. anyway...we went to go see garden state. it was her idea to go to the movies...beccause she knew that's what i wanted to see and that it was only playing at that one particular theater. my reactions. wow. i loved it. once it has time to seep into my brain, i might revisit the topic. not so sure about brooke's reaction. i think she realizes what film geek i can be at times. i have her questioning my sense of taste in movies. she said, "that's totally not a movie i would think you would like." and my first reaction was..."it's not a movie i'd normally watch with you because i wouldn't think you'd like it." i think it's because i know what type of movies she likes...dumb humor, or romantic comedies and so that's all i ever watch with her. i would rather watch a movie that's going to make you think...that relates to your life.

No comments: