Friday, September 03, 2004

i love cable internet!

today, my mom and the entire household graduated...to cable internet! i think i might be the most excited about this. to have it (or ethernet) for 5 years, then go back to dial up has not been a wonderful experience for me. it's caused much unwanted frustration in my life. so i am glad to be back online via cable internet! WOW! so maybe now i'll be online a lot more and i won't have to hurry to complete my tasks for fear of tying up the phone line.

i declared myself a computer genius today because i networked all the computers together. i mean, seriously...it wasn't the easiest task in the world and it took a little while. but, oh, the sense of accomplishment. to have 3 networked computers in one house with wireless internet for the laptops. amazing. i'm lovin' it (just like mcdonalds). so i've decided that i am THE computer whiz. eat my dust.

today was the return of roy. roy iw my stepdad who lives in alaska. yeah, it might sound kinda strange, and it is. he took a job with the intention that my mom and brothers were going to move there...but the course of events that happened ended up with my mom and my brothers living here, and with him living in alaska. kind of crazy. so anyway. today, he arrived. he's staying for a week. it's really funny because when he left, they had just bought the house, so mom's been fixing it up, wallpapering, painting, putting in new carpet...you know...the things you do to a house when you first buy it. but he hadn't seen any of it. it's almost like he's never really lived here. anyway...this visit should be rather interesting. out of the few years him and my mom have been married, i haven't really been around a lot. so i guess we'll just have to wait and see. as long as i don't hear about job applications, interviews, and resumes, i think i'll be fine. i don't plan on hanging around here the whole time anyway. i've got some plans up my sleeve to visit the BG tomorrow.

as for helping mom out pre-roy visit, she took me on a short shopping spree to my favorite store...blockbuster! : ) smiles all around. they were having a 3 for $25 sale. i'm a sucker for them...they get me everytime. my newest addition to my massive DVD collection are as follows:
Miracle
Cheaper by the Dozen
Love Actually
i'm excited.

No comments: