Tuesday, August 10, 2004

delighting in God's will

today was a very reflective day...i realized a whole lot about God's will. i've been reading a book that john fisher sent me for my birthday, the gospel for real life by jerry bridges. anyway, since i lost the book that i was reading (i think i left it in the motel), i started reading this book while i was taking my dad to his treatments. in it, there's a part that talks about delighting to do God's will.

"We could say that Jesus not only desired to do God's will, He also delighted in doing it. Once He even said 'My food...is to do the will of him who sent me' (John 4:34). If we think about it, we realize that obedience that is not delighted in is not perfect obedience. yet that was the quality of obedience Jesus rendered throughout His life, from birth to death. It is no wonder that at the beginning of His ministry and again toward the end of it, a voice came from heaven saying, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased' (Matthew 3:17; 17:5). What, however, is the significance to us of His perfect obedience?"

really makes you think, huh?

No comments: