Wednesday, August 18, 2004

bad attitude

i've decided that my attitude sucks. well, i guess there's not really anything to decide. but i'm sick of having a bad attitude. i guess i realized it tonight when i was walking with my mom. i just want to be content. at the beginning of camp, john told me that his main prayer for me was just for me to be content. i want to be content with my relationship with jesus. i want to be content with my family situation. i want to be content with my living arrangement. i want to be content with my lack of a job. i want to be content with my LIFE. everything about it. i just really want to be content. when i was talking with robyn a few minutes ago, we were talking about our lives being similar at this point because neither of us know what's really going on or what we're doing. and i said that it would be so cool to just switch lives for a week or two and figure things out for each other. at this point i think i could actually trust someone else to make decisions in my life to help out with the general direction of where my life should go. it would be a fun week to put new prespective on things. kind of like a freaky friday situation (i prefer the newest one with chad michael murray).
so anyway, i was on a friends blog and she has started this new thing...and i'm going to steal it from her and claim it as my own. before i worked camp in mobile, our director sent out this email that we were each suppose to respond to. in it, we were suppose to name 5 things that we were thankful for that day. so when i start to feel negative, i'm going to list the 5. so here it goes...
1. i got to talk to crystal on the phone this afternoon.
2. i finished filling out my application for camp for next summer.
3. i went for a walk.
4. i talked to robyn on the phone.
5. i watched paul hamm take the gold in the mens all around gymnastics.

No comments: