Saturday, June 05, 2004

okay, here's the deal kids! mom surprised me by sending my laptop in the mail which is so great because now i have the internet! but it really scares me because i don't think we're living on the safest campus. the other night jarred, a guy from my team had a really nice radio stolen out of his room. the same night, my roommate realized she was missing some cds and i realized that the cup of candy we had been given when we first arrived was empty (i know it's just candy, but someone was in my room!) it really creeps me out to think that someone is stealing our stuff. i mean, even if we lock our doors, someone is taking stuff which makes me think it's maintenance or someone with a key. ugh. i feel somewhat unsafe and it's annoying.
other than that, i' m doing okay. i've got my classroom decorated and i've taken some fun pictures that i'll put on here when i figure out how to. : ) i also have pictures of our team to add. campers will start arriving in about 2 hrs. as much as i still have to do, i can't wait til they get here. my suitemate johanna made a great point about how hard training week was. she said, "training week is so hard because you're giving everything you have to plan camp and plan bible study, but you don't have anyone there to pour back into you." how true that it.
some prayer requests:
kids ar my site (charleston farms and russelldale)
words to teach bible study
adults and students in my ministry track group
the city of charleston
my dad (his conference is on the 7th)
team unity among my staff
thanks so much for your prayers.

No comments: