Wednesday, June 30, 2004

i miss you!

so today i've been sort of having an "i miss my family and friends day" which is definitely understandable. i talked to my daddy yesterday and he's doing a lot better. the treatments are going very well for him and he's feeling a lot better. we talked last night about how much he believes in the power of prayer and how evident it is because of how he's feeling. so i just ask you to continue to pray for him. man, i love that guy! i miss him so much, i just want to wrap my arms around his neck and give him a huge hug. i miss my mom and brothers a whole lot too. they're in alaska for a month...crazy. i'm talking to nate right now. i wish that he could experience camp. i think it would be an amazing experience for both my brothers to see how i spend my summers. plus it would allow them the opportunity to learn ministry. plus i think it could be a life changing experience for both of them. i wish i'd have had the opportunity to go to camp when i was younger. i think my life would have looked a lot different at such a young age. the kids in my group this week have been absolutely amazing. they have been so intentional with building relationships and sharing the gospel with these kids on site. it's been an absolute blessing to just sit back and watch them this week. i want to be selfish and ask God to bless me with a group like them every week.
i still have no guidance whatsoever as far as determining a plan for my life starting in august. i have no idea where God is leading me. i feel like he's saying, "whoa amy, have some patience. slow is down some, don't be in such a hurry." but it's really hard to say week after week to my students and adults that i have no idea where i'm suppose to be in a month. wow. a month. that is amazing. such a short amount of time. just continue to pray that i just wait for God's direction and that i have patience with the situation. pray that opportunities come up this summer and that i listen to where God wants me.
continue to pray for the kids on my sites. there are so many kids that have never really been shown love before. i just want them to see the love we have and i pray that my campers, as well as myself are able to just pour out into these kids...that they are able to see Christ in us and through that experience they are able to come to him and accept them in their hearts. continue to pray for staff unity. last night was amazing. we had a short time of staff worship and the program staffers went around and washed everyone's feet. then we went around and encouraged everyone on our team. it was so neat to see how we all had something to say to each other.
i miss my friends. i just wish i could see them and hug them. if you're reading this, know that you're more than likely someone i care about deeply and i miss you and love you. send me mail (real mail) because it makes me very happy. and presents and packages make me even happier. just so you know.
this girl is so sleepy!

No comments: