Monday, May 31, 2004

yes, i am very aware that there is a long space between my posts. but you also have to keep in mind that i've had a lot going on. so please be nice. : ) also, keep in mind that this post probably won't be anything really insightful although i wish it was. anyway, i have arrived at charleston. i'm living in a dorm room suite. the room itself reminds me of good ol' mccormack hall and the many days i spent there. so there are 4 of us girls sharing a bathroom. loads of fun!!! haha. this week has been incredibly busy trying to plan everything and get camp ready to run. for those fellow fugers out there, you know!
i've been doing a lot of reflecting lately. i feel like God has taught me so much over the past 8 months. through the job i had, through graduation, and even after. i struggled a whole lot with the transition period i was going through. and i guess i thought that coming to camp would make it kind of disappear...but that is not the case. it's only been more relevant lately. so over the next couple months, i am excited to see what God has in store for me, what i'm going to learn, what the kids on my site will teach me. but at the same time, having everything up in the air right now is such a scary time. it was hard to deal with over the last few months and now that i'm at camp it hasn't gotten easier, just harder. i'm with 27 people i've never met before and it's been harder for me than ever to let my walls down and be the person God created me to be. prayer requests for me right now are huge.
*staff unity (there are 28 of us)
*4 people have already been sick, that the rest of us won't get it!
*planning and preparation
*for mom and roy's decision about alaska
*for my dad's cancer...he has some big decisions he's going to have to make really soon
*for my strength
thanks to everyone in advance for prayer. i know that God will answer these prayers. thanks for loving me!

No comments: