Thursday, May 20, 2004

the reason i haven't posted anything lately is because it's been hard for me. i moved everything out of my room except for my bed and the stuff i'm taking with me to camp. so there's these piles of clothes and boxes laying around. my computer is hooked up on the floor. pretty sad and pathetic. anyway, i'm at my mom's right now getting some last minute stuff done. my car is getting serviced right now, i got a haircut, i've been doing laundry. you know...last minute stuff. i went and visted my old bosses from the bagel shop last night. it was so good to sit and talk about what's been going on in my life. i'm starting to deal with the fact that when i tell people i don't have a clue what i'm doing in august i'm automatically going to get a big reaction that turns into a long discussion about my major blah blah blah. and i know in their head they're thinking "she just got a degree and went to school for four and a half years for nothing." even though i know it's not true, it's hard not to get stuck in their way of thinking sometimes. it makes me feel like a complete loser. other than the fact that athena now thinks i'm doing nothing with my life, it was a wonderful visit. when i worked there, they were like my second parents. they took me in and loved me as their own. great times reminiscing about the bagel shop! i really want to make some type of movie about it. so many characters that worked there. we had:

betty - always telling these enormous lies and she'd look you straight in the face knowing she was lying to you, but she'd stick to her stories.

miranda- the crazy party girl who always had a different flavor of the week

lauren- my favorite confidant and one of my favorite people to work with. but she had a lot of boy drama in her life (mainly one boy).

iris- an old lady who was really only in her 50s but she acted like she was 80. she had a severe memory problem and very bad breath.

donna- the most countriest woman i've ever met in my life. very hillbilly-ish.

darlene- an insane woman who was dating a married man which caused all kinds of drama.

man, what a place. and yes, that is the best job i've ever had. haha!

No comments: