Friday, April 23, 2004

i'm sitting here listening to ben folds! man, i think he's freakin' awesome! he is actually playing in louisville in may, but i unfortunately will not be attending. although it would be a great show.

.
i just spent like forty minutes reading the blog of one of my closest friends from high school. it makes me really sad because i have kept in touch with absolutely no one except brooke, and we weren't even exteremly close in HS. most of the people i was good friends with are married and have kids or live with their significant others, or are in jail. it's just so weird to think that someone who shared almost every aspect of my life has absolutely no idea what i'm doing right now. i was reading jon's blog and all i kept thinking was "man, he's so much the same person, but he has changed so much." i mean, is that really possible? can we stay the same person, yet change at the same time? i'm 22 and i'm still trying to figure it all out. i can't imaging settling at this point in my life. i just wonder what people who knew me at that time in my life would say about me now. i have changed a lot, but i think there are a lot of things about me that i still enjoy from that period in my life. so many things running through my brain at a hundred miles an hour right now, but there's no way possible i could ever put them all into words, so i'm going to stop right there.

ben folds five- philosophy lyrics
"maybe i'm thinking myself in a hole,
wondering
who I am when I ought to know
straighten up
now time to go
fool somebody else
fool somebody else"